2010-Present Principal Investigator, Medical School, Tsinghua University
2004-2010 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachussets Institute of Technology, US
2002-2004 Postdoctoral Fellow, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, US 2001-2002 Computational Biologist, GPC Biotech, US
1996-2002 Ph.D. candidate, Department of Biology, Brandeis University, US 1994-1996 B.A., University of Mississippi, US
研究领域与方向 Research Fields
1. Develop computational tools and analyze large volumes of data generated by connectomics
and genomics research
2. Find out the neural circuit basis of positive emotions and their relationship to motivations to obtain rewards using imaging and optogenetics
3. Apply such knowledge to mood disorders
4. Apply knowledge gained about neural circuits to artificial neural networks algorithms and building neuromophic computer chips
代表性论文 Selected Publications
1. Grillo, F.W., Song, S*, Ruivo, LMTG., Huang,L., Gao, G., Knott, GW., Maco, B., Ferretti, V., Thompson, D., Graham,L., De Paola,V*. (2013) Increased axonal bouton dynamics in the ageing mouse cortex. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, in press
2. Song, S., Liu, L., Edwards, S.V., Wu, S.* (2012) Resolving conflict in eutherian mammal phylogeny using phylogenomics and the multispecies coalescent model. PNAS, 109(37), 14942-14947.
3. Song, S.* (2012). Neural networks near the edge of Chaos. In X. Tang, A. Guo, Neuroinformatics and computational neuroscience.Hangzhou, Zhejiang: Zhejiang Technology Press.
4. Fang-Yen, C., Oh, S., Park, Y., Song, S., Seung, HS., Feld, MS*. (2007) Measurements of voltage-dependent cell movements using heterodyne phase microscopy. Optics Letters 32:1572-1574
5. De Paola, V., Holtmaat, A., Knott, G., Song, S., Wilbrecht, L., Caroni, P., Svoboda, K.* (2006) Cell type-specific structural plasticity of axonal branches and boutons in the adult neocortex. Neuron,49:861-75.