苑纯教授 1991 年起开始在华盛顿大学工作，担任华盛顿大学放射系教授、生物工程系教授、血管 成像实验室主任，生物分子影像中心主任。2010 年起受聘于清华大学，担任清华大学生物医学影 像研究中心主任。2008 年至今担任国际医学磁共振学会及美国心脏学会委员；担任包括 Magnetic Resonance、Arteriosclerosis、Stroke、Cardiovascular Sciences 在内的 20 余个杂志的同行评议 评委；担任 NIH、RSNA 等其他 12 个研究机构的评委。2012-2013 年担任海外华人医学磁共振学 会主席。至今发表论文 220 余篇。
Dr. Chun Yuan is a Professor in the Departments of Radiology and of BioEngineering; Co-Director of the Vascular Imaging Lab, and Director of the Bio-Molecular Imaging Center at the University of Washington as well as the Honorary Director of the Center for Biomedical Imaging at Tsinghua University. He received his B.S. in physics in 1982 at Beijing Normal University and his Ph.D. in Biomedical Physics in 1988 at the University of Utah. Dr. Yuan is a fellow of the American Heart Association (AHA) and the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM). He is a member of the editorial board or manuscript reviewer for over 20 peer-reviewed journals involving magnetic resonance, arteriosclerosis, stroke and cardiovascular sciences. He is a grant reviewer for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) and about 12 other institutions. He was past President (2012-2013) of the Overseas Chinese Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (OCSMRM). He has over 220 articles in peer-reviewed journals.
研究领域与方向 Research Fields
研发用于诊断和治疗高风险颈动脉粥样硬化的最新成像技术；研究基于磁共振技术的斑块成像及 其有效性并对斑块性质进行风险评估。研究主要成果在于：基于磁共振技术的颈动脉粥样硬化斑 块成像以及与临床症状相关的关键斑块特征诊断，包括 : 腔面裂化、斑块内出血、脂质坏死核等。有大规模临床影像研究的丰富经验。
Dr. Yuan’s career has been focused on developing the novel imaging techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of high risk atherosclerotic lesions. He has been the PI of numerous NIH R01 grants focusing on the development of novel MRI based techniques for plaque imaging, their validation, and risk assessment based on the plaque features that can be identified by MRI. A major outcome of these studies has been the development of the carotid artery MRI based techniques for atherosclerotic plaque imaging, and the identification of key plaque features associated with clinical symptoms including: disrupted luminal surface, intraplaque hemorrhage, and lipid rich necrotic core. He has extensive experience running large scale clinical imaging studies.
代表性论文 Selected Publications
1. Cai JM, Hatsukami TS, Ferguson MS, Small R, Polissar NL, Yuan C. Classification of human carotid atherosclerotic lesions with in vivo multicontrast magnetic resonance imaging. Circulation. 2002 Sep 10;106(11):1368-73. PubMed PMID: 12221054.
2. Kerwin WS, O'Brien KD, Ferguson MS, Polissar N, Hatsukami TS, Yuan C. Inflammation in carotid atherosclerotic plaque: a dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging study. Radiology. 2006 Nov;241(2):459-68. PubMed PMID: 16966482; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC1820770.
3. Underhill HR, Hatsukami TS, Fayad ZA, Fuster V, Yuan C. MRI of carotid atherosclerosis: clinical implications and future directions. Nat Rev Cardiol. 2010 Mar;7(3):165-73. PubMed PMID: 20101259.
4. Wang J, Bo?rnert P, Zhao H, Hippe DS, Zhao X, Balu N, Ferguson MS, Hatsukami TS, Xu J, Yuan C, Kerwin WS. Simultaneous noncontrast angiography and intraplaque hemorrhage (SNAP) imaging for carotid atherosclerotic disease evaluation. Magn Reson Med. 2013 Feb;69(2):337-45. PubMed PMID: 22442116; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3418400.
5. Sun J, Canton G, Balu N, Hippe DS, Xu D, Liu J, Hatsukami TS, Yuan C. Blood Pressure Is a Major Modifiable Risk Factor Implicated in Pathogenesis of Intraplaque Hemorrhage: An In Vivo Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016 Apr;36(4):743-9. doi: 10.1161/ATVBAHA.115.307043. Epub 2016 Feb 4.